Sunday, February 21, 2010

There is an end in sight!

Since the last post I think there have been some crazy things going on with this pregnancy!  Totally different in the fact I didn't really have hard contractions until I was in labor and I knew it was time.  However, with this little one... not so much.  Had contractions the first time but nothing to write home about.. (see the post below) 

Second time around... contractions woke me up in the middle of the night but then went away after about an hour or so. 

Third time around.. Last Sunday night, contractions started around 8pm- lasted until 9:30pm.  Every four minutes so I was getting a little worried but then they stopped. 

Then on Presidents day, Monday morning, came and they started at around 9am and wasn't giving up so, we decided to go into labor and delievery.  Being the holiday my doctor had closed early so that is why we had to go up to LDS.  Well, they checked us in and started to monitor me and the baby.  After one hour, the nurse came back and checked and they were still four minutes apart.  After checking there was no progress so she suggested that I get up and walk around and see if anything changed.  So, after 40 minutes of walking around she checked and and what do you know.... nothing changed, no dialation, no effacement.  So, they called the on-call doctor and they pretty much decided since they weren't progressing then to send me home. 

So, friday I had a doctors appoinment.  A little better news with him, I was almost to a 3 and 80% effaced so, he set an induction date of MARCH 2nd!!  Yes, friends, that is a week from this coming tuesday!! So, if max doesn't come this week I know there is an end in sight! With jack being as big as he was and only being a week early he didn't want me to go too far cause the size.  Wanted to make it more comfortable for me and all the other good stuff, so baby is looking great and no problems! 

I did tell him about the labor and delievery and was surprised they didn't call him directly so, he did say if I went in again to call him directly. Nice man!

so this week, I doubt he will come but if not then tuesday march 2 we will have our little max!

2 comments:

McKays said...

That also gives me a time frame to increase my blog stalking and to relax because I'll know you had the baby by then. Good luck!

Chris and Jenelle Reed said...

oh wow, hang in there. Labor is hard enough much less weeks worth of contractions! Can't wait for Max to come!