Well, from last night to tonight I honestly thought Max was going to make his arrival! Seeing as I am just barely in my 36th week and headed into 37th, I am really trying to hold off til after 37 at least.. even by a day. ;)
Last night the contractions began... 3pm..I was having at first just 3-4 an hour but they were lasting quite a while so I figured no big deal! Just ride them out and relax, then by 5pm I was starting to have more which increased to 6-7 an hour. These lasted til about 8pm. Then they just stopped so I figured that was weird but he must just be getting ready. All while this was happening in my mind I kept battling with myself to call the doctor or not. He said at the last appointment if I had more than 6 contractions in an hour then to call. What do you know, I didn't call and the contractions started back up this morning around 6am. However, these started with 6-7 an hour and lasted for three hours. Pretty consistant and timed well in between.
I placed a call into my doctor, he was in surgery all day, and talked with the nurse. She advised if I felt I needed to be checked out then go ahead and go into labor and delievery. Right off the bat, I told myself, I don't want to make an unnecessary trip to the hospital. Next step... lay in the bath, help to relax. Nope! Didn't help contractions were still coming and still strong. So, I laid down in my bed and tried to relax with of course Jack next to me as happy as a lark! He has no idea what is coming!!:) Then 9:30am they stop!! What a joke! Oh well, we will see how the rest of the week goes. Good thing I have a doctors appointment on Friday.. should be interesting! However, now watch I go and there won't be any progress down below.
I don't really remember having contractions like this before with Jack but it has been over 2 years since I was in this same place.
Point of the story: Glad I saved myself a trip to Labor and Delievery! However, I think Max is getting anxious to get out!
3 comments:
Awww! I bet that made you so excited for the real thing! I know it made me :) haha Jack really doesn't know what is coming does he? But I am sure he is going to be such a great big brother!
When I saw your status on facebook I was so excited. You will have to keep us all update on what is going on!
That is so exciting! Good luck for when Max actually makes his real debut!
Post a Comment